Wednesday, February 10, 2016

On My Wishlist: After the Woods by Kim Savage


After the Woods
by Kim Savage
320 p.
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Published: 2/23/16
Would you risk your life to save your best friend?

Julia did. When a paroled predator attacked Liv in the woods, Julia fought back and got caught. Liv ran, leaving Julia in the woods for a terrifying 48 hours that she remembers only in flashbacks. One year later, Liv seems bent on self-destruction, starving herself, doing drugs, and hooking up with a violent new boyfriend. A dead girl turns up in those same woods, and Julia’s memories resurface alongside clues unearthed by an ambitious reporter that link the girl to Julia’s abductor. As the devastating truth becomes clear, Julia realizes that after the woods was just the beginning.
Oh this one sounds like an interesting thriller and that cover is creepy cool. :)

What is on your wishlist?

31 comments:

  1. I really hope you end up liking this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't love the self-destruction aspect as that's always hard for me to read, but I really, really want to know what happened in those woods Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. new to me but sounds good and hope that you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the MC in this one and it was definitely an interesting story. If I still have this one you can have it. I'll have to see if I already gave it away. I'm leaving for work right now though so feel free to send me a message so I remember to check when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Candace's review and she struggled with the ending so that makes me shy away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm an ending girl, so this may not be a good one for me, but I'm curious still. :D

      Delete
  6. Oh, I agree ... this sounds good. Not much of a fan of the cover, but the blurb totally got me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read a review for this the other day and it sounds crazy! Definitely my kind of read

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reviews for this one has been all over the place. Not sure how I feel about it, but I'll be curious to read your review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These types of books always give me chills just reading the synopsis. I'm so curious to see what you make of this! I'm not sure it's going to be for me if it's more on the side of horror but I'm in love with the cover! Great pick, dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing okay with horror in books, but I really shouldn't push it too hard. I'll find one I just can't handle. LOL

      Delete
  10. The anti-nature touching me girl in me is totally freaked out by that cover. totally. freaked. out. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cover is so beautiful and creepy at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! That's new to me. Awesome. Okay, go ahead and get it so you can make me want it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have read a review for this one only I am not sure if it was good or bad-although I am thinking maybe it was bad. I hope you enjoy however. A few years ago I would have been all over this one back in my suspense and serial killer reading period :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It does sound creepy!! I love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw this on NetGalley and of course it's archived so it's too late to get it. I want to know what happened in the woods too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!