Wednesday, October 1, 2014

As Long As You Love Me by Ann Aguirre

Series: 2B Trilogy #2
352 p.
Publisher: Harlequin
Published: 9/30/14
Source: NetGalley and publisher for review
Most people dream about getting out of Sharon, Nebraska, but after three years away, Lauren Barrett is coming home. There are the justifications she gives to everyone else—missing her family, losing her college scholarship. And then there’s the reason Lauren can’t admit to anyone: Rob Conrad, her best friend’s older brother. 
Football prowess and jaw-dropping good looks made Rob a star in high school. Out in the real world, his job and his relationships are going nowhere. He can’t pinpoint exactly what’s missing until Lauren comes back to town, bringing old feelings and new dreams with her. But he’s the guy that women love and leave—not the one who makes them think of forever. 
Though she’s terrified of opening up, Lauren’s ready to take that chance. Because the only thing more important than figuring out where you truly belong is finding the person you were meant to be with.
My thoughts:
I really enjoyed this addition to the series. I was curious about Lauren and Rob from the first book and was very curious as to how they became a couple. I really enjoyed both characters and how they took a infatuation and turned it into a mature relationship.

I did have a couple of unanswered questions that bugged me. Not so much to draw me out of the story, but enough I really wanted the answer. Mostly it was about Rob. People treated him like he was dumb as a box of rocks but no explanation as to why. They way it read it sounded like he had a learning difference but those things can be worked around with the proper technique. Still, even if he never got a proper diagnosis and family that helped instead of hurt I have a hard time believing that his sister who studies education wouldn't have tried to piece it together and help him out. Yes, I am nosey and want to know! :)

My favorite part of the book is how mature Lauren becomes. She takes responsibility for her panic attacks and really starts to do something about it. She also seems very mature when she gets into the relationship with Rob. The best part is when she befriends Rob's ex and helps her with her deep dark secrets. Yes, in this book Lauren shines.

I give this book 4 stars. I really enjoyed the relationship and romance within the pages. Yes, it is very hot at times so make sure the fire extinguisher is available. :) I recommend it to those that enjoy contemporary romance.

23 comments:

  1. LOL I totally understand, I would like to know everything too. I hear nice things about this series, maybe I should try it too. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally chuckled over your being nosy. I am SO the same way ;) I joke it's because I'm Southern and we like to know everything about everyone...and their cousin. I've been thinking I need to give this series a go. I know a couple who have really enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that is just southern... :) Although what do you want to know about my cousins? LOL

      Delete
  3. I liked the way she wrote the ex in. Different than making her the evil b*tch type.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I totally loved that. I was expecting the cliché. Pleasant surprise!

      Delete
  4. I hate when there are unanswered things at the end of a book (even f they are little things) that being said I still haven't stared the 2B series but want to so bad! I've only heard good things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was written in a way that it shouldn't take you out of the story, but I'm a nosey gal and all.. ;) I think you will enjoy these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so need to read these, I am going to pick up book one Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww yeah I think I would want answers too, poor Rob. Glad you liked it, despite :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did like seeing Lauren grow and, yes, really shine in this story. Highly enjoying the series as a whole, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Probably not a read that I'd pick up but it does sound like this has some wonderful character development.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review and I had questions about Rob too and yes I adored the ex GF .

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, you're like me, I want to know the little tidbits ... so, what's his diagnosis? Why are people treating him like he's stupid when he has a learning disability? Etc ...
    I don't like when I have those little unanswered questions, either :)
    Fab review! Yet another to add to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think what I love most about this series Melissa is the maturity of the characters. They aren't prone to the typical over the top NA drama, and while they struggle at times and have their own problems, they make smart decisions and don't give me an ulcer with their angst. Can't wait to read Lauren and Rob's story!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Her maturity through the book and realizing her own responsibility sounds like something I would enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't really had an urge to read these books, though I do usually enjoy her books. I guess it's just the whole NA romance thing that kind of holds me off. I'm glad you enjoyed though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you don't too many books where the love interest's ex is actually a nice person! I'm glad that Lauren's maturity shined through and the book wasn't filled to the brim with angst. Now, I have the BSB song playing in my head. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this cover, and while I do hate when questions are left unanswered, I'm so glad you mostly enjoyed it! Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I definitely shared your unanswered questions about Rob, Melissa, and I also wanted a more solid conclusion for them--this one felt as if there was too much to discuss by the end, somehow. Still, glad you enjoyed this and I'm definitely looking forward to Max's story next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still need to read the first book, but I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed this one! It sounds like Rob has a rather hard go of it, and it sucks that you still had unanswerd questions, but I'm glad it was overall a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for this great review! I would too like an explanation as why people treated him so poorly. Maybe his outward appearance.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!