Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Drop Dead Demons by A&E Kirk

Series: Divinicus Nex Chronicles #2
598 p.
Publisher: Createspace
Published: 2014
Source: From author for review
Survival. It's an on-going battle. 
GOING ON A TREASURE HUNT... 
Aurora Lahey finally knows why supernatural slayers salivate to slaughter her, but how to stop them? Not so much. Sure, she's discovered her own lethal powers, and has six sexy, super-charged, demon hunting Hex Boys watching her back--the hottest one watching every part of her. But when a seductive stranger delivers a deadly ultimatum, Aurora and the Hex Boys plunge into a do-or-die hunt for a legendary Mandatum treasure, which will finally shift power in their favor. Or unleash hell on earth. 
NEX MARKS THE SPOT... 
Pursued by demons of mythical proportions, Aurora and the Hex Boys race deeper into the shadowy world of a centuries-old mystery and brutal conspiracy, where no one and nothing is what it seems. Where love and betrayal go hand-in-hand, and trusting the wrong person not only breaks your heart, but gets you killed. 
DEMONS ON YOUR TAIL... 
Uncovering shocking secrets from the Hex Boys' past, hiding her Divinicus Nex identity, lying to her pretend-wish-he-were-real boyfriend, dodging demons, breaking into ancient tombs, taking the unexpected side trip to the dark depths of the Waiting World, tracking a traitor, and passing Physics...Aurora could do that in her sleep. Or more likely, die trying. 
DON'T GET CAUGHT!
My thoughts:
I enjoyed the first book so much (review) and had to wait impatiently for this one. Yes, I was impatient... I needed a hex boy fix. Ah... FINALLY! the book has arrived and I'm happy to review this book.

The pacing in the book is pretty fast and furious. Endless energy. Even Aurora's parents seem to drink from the same fountain of energy. I so need to find this fountain. With the non-stop action we also find time to laugh and even find a little snuggle time with Ayden. Oh and yes, if you haven't read the first book go do that now. This does need to be read in order.

What is different in this book from the first is that Aurora seems a bit more mature and I do love growth in my books. Matthias was a bit more of a jerk, but I still enjoy him (can't go wrong with a boy that has a soft spot for kids). The jokes were fast and furious as well and I found myself laughing out loud more than once. My biggest complaint is the ending. There isn't a huge cliffie, but one that makes you want more. So, when is the next one out? :)

I give this book 4 1/2 stars. I had so much fun with this second installment and I'm looking forward to spending my time in this world with the next book. I recommend it to those that enjoy a fast paced YA with lots of humor and swoon worthy characters.

Bonus Review:
Interview with a Hex Boy
53 p.
Published: 7/5/2014
Source: From author for review
It's the Hex Boys, guys so hot fans have dubbed them "the reason's earth's average temperature has risen!"

Want to get insight into the Hex Boys inner most thoughts and dreams? Here's your chance! Those Hexy Knights from the #1 Best Selling Divinicus Nex Chronicles series are dishing it up with wonderful women of the book blogging world. Character interviews have never been so much fun!

When Demons at Deadnight went on tour, several awesome ladies of the book blogging world took on the task of interviewing this crazy group of guys, and hilarity ensued. This is a collection of the interviews where all six boys, Ayden, Jayden, Matthias, Blake, Logan, and Tristan make appearances and answer questions. Maybe something you always wanted to ask! You'll enjoy plenty of laughs and get to know the boys better!
My thoughts:
Finally! My official, in print, proof that all the Hex boys are MINE (well, when they turn 21!). I have to say that the first interview in this book was the best, but I may be a bit prejudiced... ;) This brought back so many great memories and a lot of fun. What is great about this collection is that all the proceeds go to First Book and Reading Is Fundamental! What a great way to have a giggle and support a charity at the same time! I, of course, give this one a 5 and recommend it to those that enjoy character interviews and lots of fun. :)

P.S.
If you missed it go HERE for the NEW interview I did with Matthias and a chance at a great giveaway!

23 comments:

  1. So glad that you enjoyed these. In my opinion there is nothing much more off-putting in a series than poor character development so I'm glad that wasn't the case with Drop Dead Demons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I've missed my Hex Boys. They always bring a smile to my face (and a blush to my cheeks with their hotness). Can't wait to dive into this one and see what's in store! Glad it was a winner for you Melissa:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun, but make sure you keep your hands to yourself! ;)

      Delete
  3. I have been hearing so much about this series and it's all fantastic!
    I'm off to order the first in the series and yep, it's all because of you, Melissa!
    Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I just ordered it and Demons at Deadnight is under my Kindle Unlimited! So glad I didn't cancel that this month :)
    My day just keeps getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you enjoyed both books! And the Hex Boys love the interviews with you and all the lovely blogging ladies. So glad we can give you fun and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and all the lovely blogging ladies? Who said I was going to share? ;) LOL

      Delete
  6. Like I said yesterday, I still need to read the first. But I'm so glad you loved this. And how fun that they put all the interviews into a book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have nearly forgotten the first book because it has been so long. I need to catch up on this series, and I like seeing that high rating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't take long to remember once you get into the book. Enjoy!

      Delete
  8. I think you will have fun with this one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love hearing that it's a fast moving read. :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa, does that say 598 pages? Nice. I've had the 1st book for awhile, but wanted to wait for the 2nd to be out before I started. Now it's time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember the great reviews about book 1 and I confess that I'm really curious to start the series mainly if book 2 is that good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your love for this series has me oh so curious. I love when a book grabs you like this and you see growth.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh i'm so happy you love this series because it gives me the push to finally start it! I'll have to keep my eye open for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy to know and remember that you loved the first book. I still need to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. "I so need to find this fountain." Haha me too! :D I love fast paced, energetic stories and swoonworthy characters. Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!