Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Spider's Revenge by Jennifer Estep

Description:
Old habits die hard. And I plan on mur­der­ing some­one before the night is through.

Killing used to be my reg­u­lar gig, after all. Gin Blanco, aka the Spi­der, assassin-for-hire. And I was very good at it. Now, I’m ready to make the one hit that truly mat­ters: Mab Mon­roe, the dan­ger­ous Fire ele­men­tal who mur­dered my fam­ily when I was thir­teen.

Oh, I don’t think the mis­sion will be easy, but turns out it’s a bit more prob­lem­atic than expected. The bitch knows I’m com­ing for her. So now I’m up against the army of lethal bounty hunters she hired to track me down. She also put a price on my baby sister’s head. Keep­ing Bria safe is my first pri­or­ity. Tak­ing Mab out is a close sec­ond.

Good thing I’ve got my pow­er­ful Stone and Ice magic — and my irre­sistible lover Owen Grayson — to watch my back. This bat­tle has been years in the mak­ing, and there’s a chance I won’t sur­vive. But if I’m going down, then Mab’s com­ing with me...no mat­ter what I have to do to make that happen.
Oh this is going to be another hard review for me. Hard because I refuse to spoil it for anyone not yet caught up to this book in the series. This book is #5 and yes... I have read them in order (which I suggest you do!). *brings smelling salts around*

This book is what we have all be waiting for. The one we knew would come. It is the showdown between the Spider and Mab Monroe. However, the story woven between that showdown also has us captivated. Her relationships are somewhat redefined. Owen is FINE as he ever was and if Gin ever wants to get rid of that man, he needs to walk my way. *fans self*

*rouses self from delusion of having Owen giving me a come hither look*

Sorry, back to the review...

The thing you often worry about is if the showdown will live up to the hype. I really think the way the story was built toward that end really pushed you toward the edge of your seat wondering how anything will get solved... or will we be heartbroken in the end with an ending we simply don't want! Oh you know it's coming... *evil laugh* I'm not telling you anything. You'll have to find out for yourself.

I will add here that we get a bit more glimpse into the lives of some of the secondary characters like the mysterious Sophia. Of course Bria gets to know Gin more which made me so happy. Ah but that is all I dare to say other than if you are looking for a good UF with some romance (ah... Owen!) then pick up this series!! Go NOW! DO EET! Seriously, what are you waiting for? Go!

Oh, WAIT! Before you go, 2 things. One... remember Owen is mine (Book Boyfriend... see I claimed him!) and two, come back tomorrow for a author blog post by Jennifer Estep and a giveaway!

16 comments:

  1. I am still not sure I would like to read the last part. Perhaps, just to ckeck whether it improved. Thanks for a nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone just recommended this series to me. It sounds like something I would like I'll have to give it a try soon.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOT TALKING TO YOU!

    No you don't get to keep Owen---sorry just not going to happen. Oh wait, I will have to see how her sister and Finn are doing. I might take Finn and let you have Owen but I think you will have a fight with a few others *cough cough* Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This author sure doe show to make those hotties! I need to pick up this book. I read Kiss of Frost and fell in love! Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that we finally got a little more information on Sophia too, she's one of my favorite characters and it was nice to learn more about her:) I love this series so much, I think the showdown definitely lived up to all the buildup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy spending time with Gin, I look forward to Spider's Revenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm out to master your come hither look so I can steal all the boys from your harem. Fair warning. :)

    And what? You read in order? I refuse to believe this. My Melissa (YOU, not me) breaks the rules...always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read the first one of the serie for now but I'm very curious to learn more about Gin, and this books souds really great ! I think I will quickly buy the second ! Thanks for your review

    ReplyDelete
  9. I take it you were not heartbroken by the ending as your review sounds suspiciously lively and upbeat...despite that trademark *evil laugh* of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @anachronist... I love the series

    @Giselle... Oh do! I have to say, I am a fangirl for this series.

    @Felicia... Ha! You talked to me! :D Owen is mine and since you talked fight... I may have to add Finn to the harem. Oh yes I did! ;)

    @Savannah... Oh I know! I loved Kiss of Frost. You'll LOVE Owen! *whispers: but he's mine!* ;)

    @Jenny... Oh I was so happy with that about Sophia! She is one of my faves. I agree about the showdown!

    @Rain... Oh you will love it!

    @Missie... I lock them up, so what come hither look? It's more like a cavewoman bash to the head. LOL Btw, didn't I break my own rules this way? Heh... still a rebel! :D

    @Melliane... Oh keep going it keeps on getting better too!

    @Stephanie... You never know. I can be quite twisted at times. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. In order, I do not know this concept ;)

    Sadly book 1 never hit the spot for me

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only read the first book in this series, but I'd like to read the rest, especially since you seem to like them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why oh WHY am I the only person in the world who has not read this series?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. GAAAA!!! It can NOT be the 5th book already. No. I don't believe you. Because that means you've been after me to read this series for to long. And I have the books here to read. Jeez. I need to get moving on these.... *sulking*

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Blodeuedd... well, Owen doesn't start to really show until book 3. I really think you'd like him.

    @Natalie... oh you will enjoy them!

    @Ashley... Bad zombie queen! BAD! ;D

    @Mel... yes you do... get on that! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Melissa, I'm so pumped about this book. I keep going to buy it online and then I remember it's not released until the 27th. Your review made me even more excited.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!