Monday, April 24, 2017

Snared by Jennifer Estep

Series: Elemental Assassin #16
400 p.
Publisher: Pocket Books
Published: 4/25/17
Source: NetGalley and publisher for review
If you don’t know Gin “the Spider” Blanco, you don’t know dangerous female heroines.
Irony 101—The Spider herself snared in someone else’s web… 
Another week, another few clues trickling in about the Circle, the mysterious group that supposedly runs the city’s underworld. Gathering intel on my hidden enemies is a painstaking process, but a more immediate mystery has popped up on my radar: a missing girl. 
My search for the girl begins on the mean streets of Ashland, but with all the killers and crooks in this city, I’m not holding out much hope that she’s still alive. 
A series of clues leads me down an increasingly dark, dangerous path, and I realize that the missing girl is really just the first thread in this web of evil. As an assassin, I’m used to facing down the worst of the worst, but nothing prepares me for this new, terrifying enemy—one who strikes from the shadows and is determined to make me the next victim.
My thoughts:

Another great addition to this series. It, once again, brings us an harrowing mission for Gin and also gets us a step closer to the overall arc in the series. I was interested in the overall arc in this section of the series, but this one really solidified my interest. I have a few questions I HAVE to know but I will try to be as patient as the Spider and wait to find out if a few of my theories are correct. Oh so many good clues and just enough of a tease to set you on edge in wanting the next in the series right now. Only problem I have with the series is that I'm up to date with the novels and that means I have to wait for the next one. You who have not read these yet will enjoy devouring them at  your leisure with out much wait. Sometimes that is an enviable position.

I did figure out the small twist in this one easily but there was no disappointment in the reveal. It still held so much tension (in a good way) that it didn't matter. You are still fully engaged in the story and the outcome. I think we may have also added to Gin's collection of people who make up her overall family. I love that she collects people like this and how they all fit together.

I don't want to say too much as I don't want to spoil this book nor do I want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't caught up to this book in the series yet. Although you could read a bit out of order, I really don't suggest it. There have been a few story arcs and you don't want to confuse those. You also should read these in order to get the feel of all the secondary characters as well as how Gin has evolved throughout the series. This is a series that should not be missed. I give this book 4 1/2 stars.

🕸

46 comments:

  1. I only tried book 1 but I want to try more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you will love this series Melliane! The whole series. :D

      Delete
  2. I seriously need to get caught up on this series! I'm so glad it is still going so strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think you'll love catching up! You can binge a bit. :D

      Delete
  3. Maybe I should have given book 2 a try, but alas, so long ago since I read book 1 and it was eh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still good with twists?? One day I will start this series.

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I;ve been meaning to start this series what feels like forever >.<. I miss reading paranormal books.
    It's good that despite you figuring out the small twist that you weren't left disappointed. It looks really good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cast of characters. I think you'll like them too!

      Delete
  6. Yesss I enjoyed this one as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arg! I have a few of these but haven't met Gin yet. Yay for them still being so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep saying I am going to pick up this series and I cna't get to it. Maybe this year. I will go reserve the first audiobook right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! It feels great to catch up, but also not so great when you have to wait for answers. Glad you loved it. I still need to start this series. It sounds fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! True. She hasn't made us wait too long... thank goodness. :D

      Delete
  10. Ah another series to add to my growing list!! Glad this was a great addition to it. Lovely review!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Audio comes out tomorrow. I got an ARC but I just had to wait for the voice LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to redo this whole series on audio one day.

      Delete
  12. I was just looking at this series yesterday on amazon after seeing it on a Sunday Post or somewhere. #16! Wow. I like the idea of an elemental assasin. And nice that it's still going strong. I need more urban fantasy and am strongly considering these...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been seeing this book around and have been wondering if it could be read before reading the previous books. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You possibly could, but I really would start at least toward the beginning. If I was better organized I could tell you where the arcs start. I have a feeling the author could tell you. She is great to talk to!

      Delete
  14. Seeing that it's 16 in a series is a scary number! lol. So glad you are still loving the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na... it would go so quickly. :) All good series seem to go fast when you read them.

      Delete
  15. Oh yes another series I totally intend to read. I am slowly but surely working my way through some awesome series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Felicia does them on audio... might be something to consider. I want to reread them on audio.

      Delete
  16. I need to get back on board wit this series. I believe on on the 4th. This is a series I'm listening to on audio, so I get to them when I can. Glad it's still good at book 16.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read any of her books yet. I keep meaning to though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this series and I'm so excited to read this latest installment! So glad you enjoyed it, Melissa! Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to get this audiobook downloaded ASAP. I can't wait! :-)

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  20. Girl... you are killing me! This series has been on my TBR for, what feels like forever!! Good to see that you are continuing to enjoy this series. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D You need it. You can fly through all the goodness. :D

      Delete
  21. I liked this one - I agree about the plot line. I pretty much figured it out from the get go, but still enjoyed the tension of Gin trying to save the girl in time. I love this series, but I'm getting a bit hung up on some of Gin's repetitive behaviors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Repetition seemed less in this one than the others so I think it is starting to really move on the arc.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!