Wednesday, October 12, 2016

On My Wishlist; The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz


The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
464 p.
Publisher: Clarion Books
Published: March 7, 17
From the multi-award-winning author of Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe comes a gorgeous new story about love, identity, and families lost and found.

Sal used to know his place with his adoptive gay father, their loving Mexican-American family, and his best friend, Samantha. But it’s senior year, and suddenly Sal is throwing punches, questioning everything, and realizing he no longer knows himself. If Sal’s not who he thought he was, who is he? This humor-infused, warmly humane look at universal questions of belonging is a triumph
I know I rarely have contemporary YA on my wishlist, but I could NOT resist that title! Perhaps this is the title of my life. LOL Oh and plus this one is diverse and we need more of that!

So, what is on your wishlist this week... or what is the title of your life? :D

36 comments:

  1. YES! I loved this author's debut and I'm SO glad there's finally another book by him. Wonderful pick, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to read his debut. *sigh* Needs more reading time! :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a wonderful novel of finding yourself. Thanks for featuring it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard Aristotle and Dante was amazing and this one sounds really good too.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick, I hope this ends up being fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I need this one! I loved Aristotle and Dante, and I need to read more by this author. Plus, yay for diversity!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! I'm very excited about this one. I absolutely loved Aristotle and Dante so if this one is anything like that book then I'm in for a treat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one of the reasons I want to read his first book. Also why I'm curious about this one.

      Delete
  7. I need to go back and read the first book he wrote first. I love the fonts for the covers. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's crazy that we're already looking at Spring 2017 books, I'm excited for soo many 2017 titles though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It does look like 2017 will be a good book year. :)

      Delete
  9. I have to agree. While I'm not often a fan of books steeped in straight reality, the title of the book is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I can't wait for this one as well, Melissa! Love Ari and Dante!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Inexplicable Logic of My Life sounds like a great soul finding read! I hope you love Sal, Melissa!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha. I love that title too! :D Great pick. Hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!