Friday, October 2, 2015

Craft Book Review: Apartment Therapy Complete and Happy Home by Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan

Technically this isn't a craft book, but really more of a decorating book. :)

320 p.
Published: 9/15/15
Publisher: Potter Style
Source: Blogging for Books for review
The most comprehensive and complete home book from Apartment Therapy, featuring every aspect of design and decorating from floor plans to paint, specific rooms to style approaches, with the goal of setting up and living well in a place you love.

“A complete and happy home is so much more than a series of pretty rooms. Between these two covers, we’ve captured everything we’ve learned at Apartment Therapy about decorating, organizing, cleaning, and repairs, so you can make and maintain your own fabulous home.”
—from the Introduction 
Getting a room to feel right is more instinct than science. You know a great space when you see it. Apartment Therapy trains your eye with more than 75 rooms, from bedrooms to kitchens and living rooms to kids’ rooms and workspaces. Explore every detail—lighting, color palettes, flooring, and accessories—that brings a home to life and, most important, makes you happy in it.

My thoughts:

I have seen various diy aspects to Apartment Therapy and loved the rooms they decorate. So, when I saw this book was up for review I decided to try it. I was hoping for some diy decorating but didn't quite get that. It is mostly for decorating in general and it has some beautiful pictures to go along with their examples.

While I don't think I'll ever achieve a perfect Apartment Therapy house, I do like looking at the pictures and perhaps get an idea or two to incorporate into my own home. While I did like the 3 aspects to the book, I did want more diy ideas on a budget (there were a few in there). Still, it is a great coffee table book and a great idea book if you are wanting a totally new look to your home. I recommend it just to look at the pictures.


I give this book 4 stars and recommend it to anyone who likes looking at the pretty pictures or is just going to decorate their home. The last section might be of interest to anyone maintaining a home and a few ideas on how to diy fix things. I was just disappointed that it didn't show me how to get a swoony handsome guy to come over and clean. ;)

18 comments:

  1. I so agree that whilst most of us will not achieve a perfect look books like this give some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like ideas when it comes to decorating as long as they are simple and don't cost and arm and a leg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks too expensive for me to achieve but good inspiration!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of it was and there were some hints that could be achieved.

      Delete
  4. I love looking at decorating books! I never get anywhere with them, but still.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Heidi, these type of books are a lot of fun to look at and even try as long as you can find some of the things for a good price. ;)
    Have a wonderful weekend Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love
    these type of books. makes me wish my rooms looked like that tho

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is fun seeing the ideas they come up with. Too bad there weren't more DIY type things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love looking at books like this for inspiration Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going through interior decorating books like this is relaxing for me. It's fun to imagine redoing a room in your home.. if only it's not as expensive

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it's nice, it looks like we can find many ideas there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is neat. I love looking at pictures of interior design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!