Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Night's Darkest Embrace by Jeaniene Frost

Enter the dark realm of Nocturna in Jeaniene Frost’s redhot tale, where blisteringly sexy Raphael dominates the demons of a lawless dimension and tries to help a beautiful young woman avenge her cousin’s disappearance. 
Note: Originally appeared in the Haunted By Your Touch anthology.







 Hm.. what can I say? When I was asked to review this I jumped at the chance. I just saw the title and the author and didn't even try to find the blurb of what it is about. So, instead of reading a new short by Jeaniene Frost, I re-read this short. However, since I enjoyed it the first time so much... I didn't mind that at all.

This is what I said when I reviewed the anthology, Haunted by Your Touch:
Oh what can I say. I LOVED the short story from Jeaniene Frost. If she develops it into another series I will be there drooling for Raphael. In a way he does remind me a little bit of Bones. He's a bit arrogant with reason, he's strong, smart and sexy as hell. Plus he is in love with one woman only. He's a bit more willing to allow Mara to do her own thing and is less chauvinistic than Bones can be around Cat. AND with Jeaniene Frost you know you are going to get some sexy time in the book. Oh yes you do! Even the carriage ride sexy time was pretty good. ;) Yes, this short story is one I believe everyone who loves the stories by Ms. Frost will enjoy.
*looks it over* Yep, I stand by what I said. I enjoyed it even the second time around. I still am hoping she will pick up this novella and make it into a series. I wouldn't mind more Raphael. *nods head* Not at all...

I give this novella 4 stars! I want more! Oh and right now this story is $1.99 at your fave ebook store.
I received this ebook from the publisher and no compensation for my review was given.

Where to get the novella:

10 comments:

  1. Lucky one! I didn't know this one, but I'll add it to my TBR pile with the one about Vlad. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT WOOT! Love books that stand the reread test :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOO! I love a sexy guy who is a bit arrogant. And Jeannine Frost writings totally rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I almost bought this novella thinking it was something new too Melissa! Then I saw the fine print saying it was previously published in the anthology and I was all bummed because I'd read (and loved) that story already. It's certainly worthy of a re-read, but I'm ready for some new Jeaniene Frost!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally enthralled, wow, what a great book! Short novella but worth the read if your a fan of Jeaniene Frost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh evil sucky internet ate my comment :(
    Anyway, I would not have said no either ;)

    ReplyDelete

  7. oh thanks for introducing me to this. I didn't even know this little gem existed. I love Ms. Frost and all her books! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a huge Jeaniene Frost fan! I haven't read this one, but I probably have it somewhere. It sounds really good so I will definitely be checking to make sure I have it and if not I'll be getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I've not read this author yet. I do have to get to her one day. ;) SO glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I do love Jeaniene Frost. I'm still reading the Bones series, Only on the second book (I've misplaced it.) But God do I love Cat and Bones!! And I really can't wait to read Once Burned. Must have that in Book Form! Every time I see it my eyes zero in on those abs. I believe I would give up food for him. Yes, I'm sure of it. I think that's Raphael. Maybe not. I just like the cover.LOL. So, I'll be reading this one, because I'll love it for sure.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!