Monday, August 22, 2011

Changeling Dream ay Dani Harper

Changeling DreamDescription:
In times of stress Jillian Descharme has always found calm in her dream of a great white wolf with haunting blue eyes. But she is startled when the visions return and this time seem so real. Late at night he comes to her, speaks to her, touches her. 
Thirty years ago James Macleod lost his wife and unborn child to a killer bent on destroying the Changelings. Though he longed for death, his animal instinct fought for survival and James has been a wolf ever since. Yet now a woman has reawakened the man in him, taming wild instincts but arousing still wilder needs. With his ancient enemy hunting the legendary white wolf, James must fight for new life, new hope, new love.
As you saw in yesterday's post, I enjoyed Changeling Moon quite a bit. I think I enjoyed Changeling Dream even more. I think I connected to the characters more and the emotional bits were spread throughout the book. It starts off with both James and Jillian having a horrible experience. James had the option to flee the world by completely surrendering himself to the wolf. Jillian, not having that option, decided to face her demons and come out with a new life for herself. Both still damaged, but yet found solace and healing with each other. Yes, that is the main theme in a nutshell, but this simple story with great characters really adds up to a good PNR.

Oh those Macleod men. *swoon* Can I find this small town in rural Canada? Anyone want to come with me? ;D Even the secondary characters (although having a much smaller role in this book) are wonderful. Love Birkie, the powerful "aunt" who is the only non-changeling that holds an important role within the pack. And although I was hoping for a Culley story (he's the smart-ass in the pack), the next book is Changeling Dawn which is the single sister's tale. Curious as to how that one will play out. Can I has it now? ;D

I give this book 4 1/2 stars. You don't have to read them in order (although I did... ha!). There is a logical timeline of events within each book, but you wouldn't struggle at all if you picked up this book first. These books are stand-alones. Again, I heartily recommend this to PNR shifter fans.
I was given this book by the publisher and no compensation for my review was given.


Next Book:
Changeling Dawn
tbp: Jan, 1, 2012
RUN
Shadow and moonlight merge beneath her bare feet, the forest floor blurring as she flees the dogs and torches. Werewolf, monster -- those are the names given her kind by the humans who hate them. 
HUNT
Kenzie Macleod has spent her whole life hiding what she is, and she’s not about to open up to any man, even one as powerfully attractive as wildlife expert Josh Talarkoteen. But legend says that a Changeling cannot escape the call of her true mate, even in the wilderness of backcountry Alaska. 
MATE
An isolated archeological site, a terrified Changeling cub, a secretive research center -- as Kenzie and Josh face the ultimate betrayal, his obsidian eyes promise untold pleasure and hint at dark secrets of his own . . .

14 comments:

  1. Reading books in order? Shocking! Is there full moon with mercury in retrograde? ;)

    I really like the sounds of this series actually - one for me to check out me thinks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swoon you say? I need these books then. I want to meet those Macleod men. Great review Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, you are indeed reading a series in the right order!!! Are you feeling ok? *evil laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duuuude!!!! Like I have time to add another SERIES to my TBR! *glares* xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will so go with you to rural Canada in search of these men Melissa. You just let me know when:) So downloading the first book to my Kindle today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Wait for me. *runs off to pack bags for trip to Canada*

    Good to know the series gets better. And no, you can't convince me to *knowingly* read books out of order. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will come with ya! :D Gotta get me a MCleod of my own

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! Wait for me! I have to pack my bags, but I am so there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Mel... I'll have to check the charts. I have no idea. ;)

    @Nic... Oh yes... we have to meet them!

    @anachronist... Yep! I do that on occasion. ;)

    @Ashley...Yes! You do! *smiles sweetly* <3

    @Jenny... Okay... *shifts luggage* Hop on in!

    @Missie... You know you want to live on the edge. You can only go if you read something out of order!

    @Blodeuedd... Okay... *shifts more luggage* Get on in!

    @Savannah... Oh I hope there is enough Macleod men! *shifts again* Get on in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL- ok at first glance I thought that lady was green...

    As in a green shifter monster or something, LOL...until I saw all the color covers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am convinced that there seems to be enough Macleod men for all of us (and how come I want to say there can be only one---whoops wrong series LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving the covers of this series. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow. You really did enjoy this book. :) So glad! And so glad you are enjoying the series. Sounds like a great one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You don't have to read them in order (although I did... ha!).

    OH SHIZZZZ! *Snaps for Melissa!* ;)

    Sounds like an interesting combo of paranormal, I might just have to check it out (and by it I mean the first... ;) ).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ❤ comments!